Cranberry, Apple, and Ginger Cocktail - A Taste of Fall
The other day I went and took my two kids (6 and almost 2) out apple picking. The crisp fall air, beaming sun, and apple cider donuts left me super excited to try out some recipes with apples. My husband, kids, and I were heading to a Halloween party and I decided to bring this creation. It went over so well, I want to share it with you.
Serves 2 in smaller rocks glasses, or 1.5 in a collins glass
- 1/2 an apple, chopped (I used red delicious, any would work, in fact granny smith would add a lovely tartness)
- 2 tablespoons ginger root, minced. If you don’t mind chopping go ahead, but when I remember I like to use this Ginger Press
- 3 ounces vodka, I used Chopin
- 1.5 ounces orange liquor, such as Cointreau
- 5 ounces cranberry juice
- 1/2 a lime, juiced
- 1/2 an orange, juiced
- 1 tsp cinnamon + extra for the rim
- brown Sugar, for the rim
Pour the vodka in a cocktail shaker along with the chopped apple and ginger. With a muddler, muddle the apple ginger mixture with the vodka. Really get in there! Add in the cointreau, cranberry juice, lime juice, orange juice, and cinnamon. Add ice to the shaker and start going all Tom Cruise in Cocktail on that thing!
Combine the cinnamon and brown sugar and pour onto a plate bigger than the diameter of the glasses. Take a lime wedge to the rim of the glasses, and then dip the rims into the cinnamon brown sugar mixture. Strain the cocktail into glasses filled with ice!