Chavonana, you ask? Well let's piece this one together. With chocolate, avocado, and banana (see what I did there?), this smoothie is a great breakfast and snack smoothie.
It's simple and silky and will be a crowd pleaser. My daughter who isn't a frequent green juice or smoothie drinker (she prefers to eat her vegetables-ha!) likes this one, because, chocolate.
- 1 avocado, skin and pit removed
- 1 large peeled and sliced banana
- 1 cup of coconut water (add a bit more if you don't want a thick smoothie)
- 1 medjool date, pit removed
- 2 tbsp organic cacao powder
- About a half a cup of ice cubes
- Tip: Add a handful of green, leafy vegetables like spinach, kale, or chard for a boost of iron.
Pour 1 cup of coconut water into a blender. Add in the avocado, banana, and cacao powder. Feel free to add in any green if you'd like. Add in the ice cubes and blend until silky and smooth. I really love our Vitamix. Side story. When I purchased our Vitamix about 5 years ago, my husband didn't think we'd use it more than 2 weeks. Fast forward and we use this basically every day for juices, smoothies, and sauces.