Over the past few weeks I’ve talked to a bunch of friends and we’ve all said the same thing. One of the best flavor combos in the wintertime is peppermint and chocolate.
This drink just cuts to the chase. It’s chocolate and peppermint and let’s just say if you’ve had a bad day it will make it better 😂
Chocolate Peppermint Martini
- 1.5 ounces of vodka. I used Tito’s.
- 2 ounces of dark chocolate liqueur. I used Marie Brizard Chocolat Royal, and it is GOOD!
- .5 ounce of peppermint Schnapps, I used Rumpleminz... ok fair warning... it’s 100 proof and it is why there is only a touch of it in here!
- 1 or 2 chocolate mint cookies, such as these from Back to Nature
- A drizzle of chocolate syrup
Pour ice and water in a martini glass to chill. Shake the vodka, chocolate liqueur, and peppermint schnapps in a shaker filled with ice. Crush the cookies so they are fine enough to be a garnish on the rim of the glass. Place them on a plate large enough for the rim of the martini glass.
Dump the ice water from martini glass and dip the rim in chocolate syrup and then dip the chocolate syrup rimmed glass in the crushed cookies. Drizzle the inside of the glass with some chocolate syrup, if you’d like. **You could however leave off the rim like I did on my second (ha!).**
Strain cocktail into the martini glass and drink immediately!
Happy New Year!