Avocado and White Bean Hummus
Like I have mentioned before, the packaged hummus that you buy in the grocery store isn’t my favorite. I prefer fresh and homemade that has a bit of an unexpected flavor.
This stuff is magical. Not only can you dip crackers, chips, and veggies into it, but you can also put it on sandwiches and it’s great with eggs in the morning. It’s packed with good for you stuff but tastes so good that you may just feel guilty eating it all.
- 1 ripe avocado, flesh removed
- 1 can of white cannelini beans or great northern beans
- 2 cloves of garlic
- A handful of flat leaf parsley, rinsed, about a 1/2 a cup
- A handful of fresh basil, rinsed, about a 1/2 a cup
- 1/2 a lemon, juiced
- 1/2 a cup of extra virgin olive oil, give or take
- Coarse sea salt and pepper to taste
Place all ingredients except the oil into a powerful blender (I love my vitamix), or a food processor and blend until combined. Slowly pour in the olive oil and blend until creamy and smooth- you may not need all of the olive oil.
Serve with: A Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio, the acidity will help cut the creaminess of the hummus!