Do you like nachos? (Trick question)
Do you like all things mini? ME TOO! These are basically mini bite size nachos, but I call them tostadas. The great thing about these tiny lil fellas is that unlike their normal nacho counterpart, EVERY SINGLE BITE has the nacho toppings you want. Hope you love them!
Serves: Enough for a crowd
Mini Guacamole and Bean Tostadas
- 2, Avocados, flesh removed
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 a lime, juiced
- *Optional jalapeño pepper, deseeded and chopped
- Coarse sea salt
- 1 package of soft corn tortillas
- 1, 16 ounce can of refried beans (or make your own)
- 1, 6 ounce package of shredded cheddar or shredded Mexican blend cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a 2" round cutter, start cutting your tortillas into 2" rounds. Spray a baking sheet with non stick spray or place parchment paper down on the pan. Place each round on the baking sheet and quickly spray with nonstick spray and sprinkle with coarse sea salt. Bake for 5 minutes, flip the 2” rounds and bake for 5 more minutes and remove from the oven. Leave the oven on.
Next, make the guacamole. Guacamole recipes can vary, but this is a straight shooter. Place the avocado flesh in a bowl with the chopped tomato and with a masher, mash the two ingredients. Add in the chopped onion, minced garlic, lime juice, jalapeño if using, and mix. Lastly, salt to taste. Set aside.
Open the can of refried beans and package of shredded cheeses. Hard stuff, right?
Now it is time to assemble your mini tostadas.
- Spread about a teaspoon or so of refried beans on each mini tortilla
- Place a dollop (about another teaspoon) of guacamole on top of each tortilla that now has beans on it
- Sprinkle a healthy amount of shredded cheese on top of each tortilla that now has guacamole and beans on it
So, the tostadas are now assembled and all you need to do now is place them in the oven for 5-7 more minutes, until the cheese is gooey and melted.
Serving suggestion: Basic Margarita or Patron on the rocks with lime.