Simply stated, this is a recipe that is fresh, bright, and lively.
It's best served day of, so make about an hour before hand to let the flavors meld.
Zoodles with Roasted Tomatoes
- A drizzle of olive oil for the sheet pan and another drizzle for the skillet
- 1 pound of zoodles...I sometimes just buy the pre-made zoodles from Whole Foods to save time! Otherwise, probably 2 medium sized zucchinis should do the trick.
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- About a handful of fresh basil and fresh parsley, julienned and chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1-2 tablespoons of a GOOD extra virgin olive oil for dressing, eye ball it
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Once preheated, place tomatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil, kosher salt, and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes. You can completely skip this step and do this in the skillet, I just really enjoy roasted tomatoes!
Now, in a skillet over medium low heat, heat the oil and add the fresh garlic and cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add in the spinach, basil, and zoodles and cook until the greens are slightly wilted but the zoodles are still al dente, about 5 minutes. You'll need to gently move things around in a pan with some tongs. Add in the tomatoes. Remove off heat and transfer to a salad bowl.
Meanwhile... Whisk your olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt and pepper in a small bowl and pour over the zoodles. Serve chilled or room temperature.
Tip: Serve this with some fresh mozzarella and parmesan for some cheesy bursts of love, and this pairs really well with a fume blanc!