In the winter, I love tomato soup. In the summer, I love tomato soup.
Wait...while that's true, it's not entirely true.
I love tomato soup during the spring and summer, but I love a chilled tomato soup.
What happened one day is I bought a bunch of fresh corn.
Then, you see what happened was... the next day my husband bought a bunch of fresh corn.
And then we had too much. And I hate wasting. Therefore....
I made a Corn, Tomato, Pepper, and Cucumber Gazpacho.
And it's better the second day, because the flavors get all up in each others business.
Corn, Tomato, Pepper, and Cucumber Gazpacho
Serves 6 lunch portions, or 12-15 if just serving in little shooters for a party.
- 3 ears of corn, corn removed, and cooked (You can just boil them for about 5 minutes and that should do the trick)
- 12 ounces of cherry tomatoes
- 1 english cucumber, peeled, deseeded, and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded, membrane removed, and chopped
- 1.5 cups of crushed tomatoes from a can
- 1/2 cup of water
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1/2 cup of parsley
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
Are you ready for this?
Puree all ingredients in a food processor or powerful blender and serve chilled. I suggest making this a day in advance!