We tend to get a lot of cabbage and kohlrabi during our CSA over the summer. This is a great and quick recipe for you to use if you find you have a lot of it, as well. The dressing in this salad is sweet, salty, and sesame forward.
Asian Style Cabbage, Carrot, and Kohlrabi Salad with a Sweet Sesame Sauce
- 1 large head of napa cabbage, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 kohrabi, peeled and julienned
- 3 carrots, shaved
- A few tablespoons of sesame seeds
For the dressing
- 1/3 cup of a neutral oil such as grapeseed or canola
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1-2 tbsp of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp brown rice vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce/tamari
After rinsing your vegetables, add them to a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk together your dressing ingredients, ensuring the sugar gets well combined. Pour over vegetables and toss. Place the salad in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours before serving to allow the flavors to really get in there. Enjoy!