In the past, as the summer weeks passed by, I would struggle with what to do with all the beets I received from my CSA. Roasting them. Juicing them. But what about keeping them raw and making noodles? Well this is one salad I made recently that is THE PERFECT hot summer day salad, not to mention a great way to use those beets and get all of the great nutrients from them.
Beet Noodle Salad with Goat Cheese, Toasted Pine Nuts, and Arugula Microgreens
- 4 beets, peeled, and noodled...if you don't want to do this yourself, Whole Foods offers beets pre-noodled in their prepackaged vegetable section
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, slightly toasted for 3-5 minutes on low in a saute pan
- 4 ounces arugula microgreens
For the Dressing
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tsp champagne or white wine vinegar, more to taste
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
Toss all salad ingredients, except for the pine nuts, in a bowl. Whisk all dressing ingredients together and then toss over the salad. Sprinkle with the pine nuts and serve immediately or chilled.