This Farro salad has the brightness from lemon, brine from capers, tang from the artichoke and sun dried tomato purée and all the flavor on the planet.
It’s perfect for your next picnic (no dairy so it travels well!) or barbecue.
Farro Salad with Artichoke and Sundried Tomato
- 3 cups cooked Farro (about 1 cup uncooked)
- 1/2 can (about 1/2 a cup) drained artichokes from a can
- 1/2 lemon zested and juiced
- 5 Sundried tomatoes
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Sundried tomatoes, julienned
- 1/2 cup quartered artichokes from a can, drained (the other half of the can)
- 1 cup baby spinach, julienned
- 2 tbsp capers
Set aside the cooked Farro (cook per package instructions; I use Bobs Red Mill Farro).
In a food processor or blender, blend together 1/2 cup artichokes, 5 sun dried tomatoes, 1/2 lemon juiced and zested, and salt and pepper. The mixture will be thick and paste like. Set aside. Season to taste.
In a bowl, combine the Farro, the paste you just made, and the rest of the ingredients and toss. Serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to serve.