Chocolate and mint is probably one of my favorite combinations. Throw it into cookie form and I’m in heaven.
Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 48 cookies, depending on size.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract or peppermint scnhappes
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chip morsels
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chip morsels
- Powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cacao powder, baking soda and kosher salt. Set aside.
In a stand mixer, cream together the butter, vanilla, extract/scnhappes, and sugars. When light in color and smooth, add one egg at a time. Once eggs are incorporated, slowly add the cacao-flour mix. Stir in the morsels.
Place about a tablespoon (or two for really big cookies!) of batter on a non-stick sprayed baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes.
Allow to cook on the baking sheet for 1-2 minutes and finish cooling on racks. Sift powdered sugar on each cookie.