Entertaining Adults at a kids party
My son turned 2!
We threw him an at home Wiggles themed party. The boy adores The Wiggles and all the hot potatoes, cold spaghetti, and mashed bananas that go with loving The Wiggles. But enough about that. And the cake! The wonderful Tania Beckford of A La Vanille made this fantastic cake!
How many times have you been to a kids party and there was nothing for the adults. That’s a big no-no in my book. Happy kids equal happy parents, but the same goes the other way!!
For my son’s birthday party, which started at 10:30 AM, I opted to craft up a little bloody mary (and maria) bar as well as a bagel bar and cheese board. It sure made the time fly while the kids were dancing up a storm with Shon from Jamming With You and eating pizza and kid friendly snacks.
Having something for the parents to indulge in created more adult conversation and even lead to a little dancing and singing of our own (mostly due to Shon singing some Bruno Mars…win!).
To make a Brunch Bar, here’s what you need.
For the drinks
Hi, I’m Jackie, Founder of Jackie Cooks and Drinks, and a BIG believer that cooking, creating and entertaining should be FUN.
- Vodka, I used Tito’s
- Tequila, I used Hornitos
- Bloody Mary mix, I used Powell & Mahoney, in both Chipotle and regular
- Blue Cheese Stuffed Olives
- Celery stalks, of course
- Jalapeno peppers
- Pepperocini peppers, such as Jansal Valley which I used
- Hot and Spicy olives, or any type of olive from your grocery store antipasto bar
- Optional: turkey bacon, bacon, or shrimp if you eat it.
- Plenty of ice
For the bagel bar
- A mix of plain and everything bagels, or any other bagel variety you like. I had 1 bagel for every adult and did have some left over, but who doesn’t love some bagel left overs
- A variety of cream cheeses. In our case, I used plain and chive. My grocery store ran out of chive, so I bought some chives, chopped, and whipped them with the plain.
- Sliced tomatoes
- Smoked salmon
- Red onion (optional)
- Whitefish salad (optional)
And for the cheese board, I kept it very basic. See my post, here, for details!
This was a huge hit. Hope you try it out sometime and manage through your next kids party!