Homemade jalapeño Poppers
These homemade jalapeño poppers are cheesy, crunchy, and better for you!
Jalapeño Poppers are definitely a guilty pleasure of mine when I am ordering pizza or a sub for takeout. They also happen to make the best football food! However, poppers usually are deep fried and sometimes that just doesn’t sit right. That’s where these come in!
My version is super simple to make, has cheese, has some heat AND a crunch which let’s be honest, a popper needs!
Hi, I’m Jackie, Founder of Jackie Cooks and Drinks, and a BIG believer that cooking, creating and entertaining should be FUN.
- 5 jalapeños sliced lengthwise
- 1.5 cups finely shredded cheddar
- 1.5 cups whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1, 2-oz bag of fritos or corn chips
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees convection OR 425 conventional
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Slice your peppers lengthwise and remove the membranes and seeds and set aside. Make sure to wash your hands after this step with soap and water. DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE*
- In a medium bowl, combine the freshly shredded cheese, cream cheese, and spices.
- Place a heaping tbsp in each jalapeno. Note that you may use more or less filling depending on the size of the pepper!
- Place each pepper on your prepared baking sheet.
- Crush up your corn chips and sprinkle them on each pepper. Pat the chips down slightly so they stick.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes and serve immediately!
*Speaking from experience, jalapeños can burn your eyes and cause some extreme discomfort! Proceed with caution!