Banana Date Nut Bread
Date nut bread is a cozy food for me. There is some thing so homey about the dates, nuts, the addition of bananas- it’s comfort food in loaf form.
Let’s just talk about the aroma that fills your home while you’re making it- Dreamy!
The great thing about this banana date nut bread is that the natural sweetness of the dates and in the bananas allow you to not use as much sweetener as you normally would.
Let me know if you make it and be sure to tag me on instagram!
Hi, I’m Jackie, Founder of Jackie Cooks and Drinks, and a BIG believer that cooking, creating and entertaining should be FUN.
- 3/4 c chopped dates (about 8 medjool dates) + 2 extra dates, chopped for the topping. If dates are hard, place them in a cup of hot water for a few minutes to soften them up
- 3 mashed, ripe bananas
- 1/2 c melted coconut oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup cassava or almond flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts + 1 tbsp extra for the top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease a 9×5 loaf pan with non stick spray or oil
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas.
- Next, in the same bowl as the bananas, whisk in the coconut oil, eggs, coconut palm sugar, and vanilla extract. Stir in the dates.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt, and cinnamon.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients until just combined and pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- Top with the remaining chopped dates and walnuts, if using.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until lightly golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean
- Cool on a cooling rack until completely cool. Wrap with plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
Stays fresh up to a week when stored in the fridge.