Are you someone who can have anything pumpkin throughout the fall and winter?
This twist on the classic is a spicy margarita with all the flavors of the season.
- 2 ounces a blanco tequila. I used Hornitos
- 1/2 an ounce of Cointreau
- 1.5 limes juiced (this is about a lime and a half and is a little over an ounce)
- 1/2 ounce orange juice
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 heaping tablespoon of pumpkin puree
- 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon + more for rim
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice + more for rim
- pinch of cayenne + more for rim
- 1 cup of ice
- brown sugar for the rim
- sea salt for the rim
For the rim
On a plate or bowl bigger than the diameter of the glass, mix equal amounts cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice (total should equal about 1/2 teaspoon, a 2 teaspoons of brown sugar, pinch of cayenne, and about 1/8 teaspoon of kosher salt.
For the cocktail
Pour the tequila, cointreau, lime juice, orange juice, pumpkin puree, and spices into a shaker. Add about a cup of ice, and shake for 15 seconds.
Rim your glass with a lime wedge and dip your glass into the rim mix and add ice to your glass. Strain the cocktail into the glass and garnish with a lime. Cheers!