Whipped Blue Cheese and Raspberry Toasts
If you are looking for a brainless but delicious holiday appetizer, look no further.
The holiday season can make or break your sanity. That’s why this year I am trying to put out some delicious, simple, and accessible recipes!
This one is not only easy, but if blue cheese is not your thing, you can absolutely substitute goat cheese for the blue with the same instructions.
These Whipped Blue Cheese and Raspberry Mini Toasts are so easy to make and totally make ahead-able, ensuring you have time to mix and mingle with the people you are hosting! Check out my instagram reel on how I put these together here!
Hi, I’m Jackie, Founder of Jackie Cooks and Drinks, and a BIG believer that cooking, creating and entertaining should be FUN.
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted slightly and seasoned with salt and pepper
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- 2-3 tbsp of heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces raspberry preserves
- 24 mini toasts or crostini
- Toast the walnuts in a small pan over medium low heat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toast until you smell the nuttiness, about 3-5 minutes. Make sure to watch the pan and lower the heat so the walnuts do not burn.
- Prepare the blue cheese by combining the blue cheese and 1 tbsp of the whipping cream in a bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, whip the blue cheese and whipping cream for about 1-2 minutes. Add more whipping cream as needed to get a light and airy whipped blue cheese.
- Place about 1 tsp of preserves on each toast or crostini. Note, depending on size of crostini, you may want to increase the amount of preserves. I use these mini toasts. Just make sure the toast or crostini is covered with jam.
- Place a large dollop of the whipped blue cheese on top. ofthe preserves. About 2-3 tsp.
- Sprinkle each toast with the toasted walnuts.
- That’s it! Enjoy!