Stovetop macaroni + Cheese
This macaroni and cheese is creamy, cheesy, and everything you need in a bowl of mac.
I want a macaroni and cheese that is easy to make, is creamy, cheesy, delicious, and did I say easy to make?
I recently made this during a football game and we just left it on the stove for when we wanted to pick at something.
This stovetop mac and cheese is all of the above and is pretty versatile with what type of cheese you use!
Let me know if you make it and be sure to tag me on instagram!
Hi, I’m Jackie, Founder of Jackie Cooks and Drinks, and a BIG believer that cooking, creating and entertaining should be FUN.
- 1 lb orecchiette or other short pasta
- 4 oz heavy cream
- 2 oz water
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Dash of Tabasco
- 10-12 ounces freshly shredded cheese- I used white cheddar, Gruyère, and white american! Brie and Cheddar would work lovely; just cheddar is great for the kids! Whatever you do, just make sure it is freshly shredded- not the packaged type!
- Boil pasta per package instructions
- In. asmall bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, water, 2 eggs, dry mustard, kosher salt, pepper, and tabasco. Set aside
- Once the pasta is done, drain and place back into the pot
- Toss the pasta with the butter and place the stove on low heat
- Pour in the cream mixture. Stir and cook for about 2 minutes
- Next, add the shredded cheese and stir until combined
- Eat and enjoy!