Chive Quiche with Hood Cottage Cheese with Chive
The school year is well underway and I am all about easy and go-to breakfasts.
Not just for the kids, either. For my husband and myself, also. We are up getting the kids ready for school SO early. Like, they’re on the bus (supposedly) by 7:15, so we need to get them up way way way before that!
Anyways, some people are cool with cereal for breakfast, but it’s just not how I can start my day. As far as I remember, I have been an egg in the morning type of girl. So crafting this recipe for Hood using their rich and creamy Cottage Cheese with Chive was music to my ears. Hood Cottage Cheese with Chive adds a great flavor and texture to these quiches; and the possibilities for add-ins are endless. Keep it veggie-based and add some chopped bell peppers, chopped tomatoes, or lightly sauteed baby spinach; or add even more protein by chopping up some chicken sausage, turkey bacon, or stirring in some collagen peptides. No matter which way you make these, these mini quiches will make your mornings a breeze.
- They keep in the fridge for up to a week, so perfect for that week day rush. Oh, and if your kids are picky like mine, feel free to substitute Hood Country Style Cottage Cheese in place of the Cottage Cheese with Chive and it’s the perfect “GET YOUR SHOES ON AND GET TO THE BUS STOP!” breakfast.
- Makes 12 mini quiches
Hi, I’m Jackie, Founder of Jackie Cooks and Drinks, and a BIG believer that cooking, creating and entertaining should be FUN.
- 1 ready made pie crust, like this one, not the tinned pie crust.
4 large brown eggs
1 cup Hood Cottage Cheese with Chive
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
1/2 tsp kosher salt
- freshly cracked pepper
- Optional: sauteed baby spinach, freshly chopped dill, cooked + chopped turkey bacon or chicken sausage, diced bell peppers, diced tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll out the pie crust a little bit. Next, take out your 3 1/4″ cutter, and cut rounds until you have made 12 of them.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray and place each 3″ round of pie dough in each muffin space.
- Now, in a large bowl, crack each of the eggs, and stir in the cottage cheese, the cheddar cheese, chives, salt, and pepper. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Pour 2 tbsp of egg mixture into each pie crust. You will have enough for 12 mini quiches.
- Place the muffin pan in your preheated oven for 20 minutes; checking at the 15-minute mark. The quiches are done when your finger can touch the top of the quiche without any liquid appearing.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week.